Skip to main content
Robert Rioseco, DMD, FAGD, AACD
In addition to managing his practice, Dr. Rioseco is the director of the Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, a teaching facility for advanced cosmetic dentistry and hands-on training in East White Plains (West Harrison), New York. His teaching interests include cosmetic dentistry, dental technology, and design in the dental office. He is also a CEREC® Mentor and team teacher at the CEREC® Center in Scottsdale, Arizona.
“Dr. Rioseco is very passionate about his job, he makes sure his patients walk out having a great smile and fully satisfied with his services.”
In his spare time, Dr. Rioseco enjoys spending time with his two children and is active in church music and fine art Photography. He has also done a couple of international medical missions, which provide care for patients in need and education for local professionals.
Dr. Rioseco’s Treatment Philosophy
At the Center for Cosmetic Dentistry Dr. Rioseco’s philosophy focuses on providing comprehensive diagnosis and care. For each patient, he creates a complete profile that includes all of their dental needs and desires. Next, he encourages them to choose a manageable timeline for completing the treatment plan. Sometimes a patient may opt to finish a treatment regimen very quickly, and other times it may be more feasible for them to complete it in a phased approach. After a patient’s initial visit, Dr. Rioseco’s ultimate goal is for them to come away with a complete assessment of their current challenges and what it will take to bring them to optimal dental health, function, and aesthetics.
Q & A With Dr. Rioseco
- What are your favorite procedures or areas of dentistry?
- I really enjoy full mouth rehabilitation and high-end aesthetic cases. These are cases where the damage is severe and the results can be the most transforming for the patient. To regain your smile is to regain confidence in yourself. These cases can be life-changing for the patient and very rewarding for me and my team.
- What does a typical day look like at your practice?
- Here at the Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, we do all phases of general dentistry. One minute we could be performing a smile makeover with porcelain dental veneers and crowns, and the next minute we may be doing Invisalign®, checkups, or fillings for kids and adults. It’s a clinical potpourri all day long!
- What is your favorite piece of dental technology? And why?
- We have cone beam three-dimensional x-rays and CEREC® technology. With CEREC®, crowns, bridges, and implant crowns can be made in a single visit. CEREC® is definitely the best thing that ever happened in dentistry. It has all but eliminated the need for rubber impressions. Furthermore, CEREC® has significantly increased the speed with which we can finish dentistry and the accuracy of the fit and precision of our work.
- What do you enjoy most about working with and helping patients?
- We treat so many different folks at the Center for Cosmetic Dentistry – it’s the variety of patients that come here I enjoy the most. Everyone has a story. Every case is emotional. When we can accomplish what no other dentist has been able to offer, and end up with a great result, that’s the most rewarding thing of all.
- What are a few reasons that patients enjoy coming to see you?
- Well, first off, it would be that I have a great team. From our front office staff to our hygienists, assistants, and our internationally known Laboratory Technician, I have chosen to surround myself with the best in the business. Next would be the fact that we have the best technology available in dentistry, but more importantly, we know how to use the machines we have to streamline patient care so that it is comfortable, fast, and painless.
What Is A Cosmetic Dentist?
Cosmetic dentists mainly focus on rejuvenating and beautifying the smile. They have extensive training in aesthetic and restorative dentistry techniques that can correct dental imperfections, replace missing teeth, repair dental damage, and improve the appearance of the entire smile. Additionally, cosmetic dentists typically provide a full range of dental care options aimed at restoring and maintaining the health of the teeth, gums, and bite.
How To Choose The Best Cosmetic Dentist For You
Finding the best cosmetic dentist for your needs can sometimes feel like a huge chore. Many individuals begin their search online until they find one or more they’d like to meet in person for a consultation. To help make your search a bit easier, we have highlighted some key areas to focus on when evaluating cosmetic dentists:
- Review credentials, training, and experience – Making sure your cosmetic dentist has the expertise and education necessary to deliver top-quality care is paramount. Check website bio pages and CVs to find out answers to the following questions—How long have they been practicing? Where did they go to school? What additional cosmetic dentistry training have they undergone? Do they participate in continuing education coursework? Do they have any advanced areas of study? Are they “Fellows” or “Accredited” members of any prominent professional organizations, such as the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)? Any national or local recognitions may also provide some helpful information.
- Look at examples of their work – Before-and-after photos of patients’ smile transformations are often a great indicator of a dentist’s talent. While these images may not tell the whole story, they can reveal results you might find to be aesthetically pleasing and would like to achieve yourself. If you meet with a particular dentist in person, we recommend mentioning the cases that interested you to get more information about the longevity of the results, all of the work that was performed, the materials used, and more.
- Learn about the dental technology they offer – Use of advanced dental technology can indicate a cosmetic dentist who is current with the latest trends in diagnostic, planning, aesthetic, and treatment tools. Many innovations in dental technology can add convenience, precision, and comfort—and improve the quality and longevity of the final results.
- Check out dentists’ online ratings and reviews – Insight provided by real patients on platforms such as Facebook, Google+, and Yelp can give you an honest appraisal of how they feel about their results and overall experience. We suggest reading through a variety of online ratings and reviews to get a good sense of what you can expect if you visit the practice and/or undergo treatment. Some dentists’ websites may also have a page dedicated to patient testimonials you can look at.
- Meet for a cosmetic dentistry consultation – Once you have found a cosmetic dentist you think could be right for you, schedule a one-on-one consultation with him or her. During this appointment, you will have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss your needs and goals, explore treatment options, learn about cost, and decide if you’d like to move forward with improving your smile. By the end of a consultation, most patients know if they have found their cosmetic dentist; however, some opt to shop around and meet with other dentists for comparison—which is completely acceptable.
Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Dentist
Asking insightful questions during your consultation with a cosmetic dentist can help you get all of the information you need to make the best choice. We suggest writing down your questions and taking them with you to your appointment so you don’t forget any of the important things you want to say. To help, we have compiled some key questions you may want to include in your list:
- Is there a certain procedure you would say you are “best” at?
- Which area of dentistry have you studied the most? Have you recently attended any continuing education courses?
- Are you a member of the AACD or another similar professional association?
- What approach do you think will help me achieve the results I want?
- Will I require any dental treatment to improve my oral health prior to any cosmetic procedures?
- Can I see before-and-after photos of patients who have undergone treatment plans that are similar to one you are recommending for me?
- What materials can my restorations be made out of? Do you offer high-quality porcelain and ceramic options?
- How long will it take to complete my treatment plan?
- Will I experience any discomfort or require any recovery? What sedation or anesthesia options do you offer?
- How long will my results last?
- How much will my treatment cost? Why will it cost this much?
- Will my dental insurance cover all or part of this treatment?
- Do you offer dental financing?
These questions are a good place to start; however, you may want to add more specifics based on the dental challenges you are experiencing. It is important that the dentist you are meeting helps you feel comfortable and answers all your questions. Having a line of open communication with your dentist is the most productive way to establish a relationship that can produce the results you are looking for.
Contact The Center For Cosmetic Dentistry
For more information about the dental services we offer, we encourage you to contact the Center for Cosmetic Dentistry to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rioseco.